Monday, November 24, 2008

Wicked?

This week I started using Wicket to implement a stack web implementation. Suffice it to say I had a rather difficult time with it. I didn't get around to finishing it Mostly it was my fault because I didn't devote enough time to learning Wicket and when it came around to coding I didn't have enough time due to other obligations.
First thing I did was figure whether I wanted to base the main class of my project on the Jetty.class in Example 2 of the wicket examples, which can be found here, or on the Start.class in Example. After some failed attempts getting something similar to the Start.java to run I switched over to Jetty.class which worked out fine. Then started a series of stumbles where I tried to implement something, then finding that it depended on a class that I didn't implement, implementing that class, then finding out that the class also required another class that I didn't implement. At the end I was a bit confused at how PropertyModel worked and I was getting bugs where the it suggested the stack class needed a get method. So now I think that I need a variable in the stack class to hold the data from the textField on the web page and that when a button is pressed on the page the corresponding stack method will use that variable.

My biggest problem that I have to change is time management. I already spent quite some time with the project but didn't realize that I it would take much more than what I had available.
A distribution of the project can be found here.

No comments: