Monday, February 9, 2009

Devcathlon UI Recommendation

For my recommendation for the UI of Devcathlon I will use Mockup 5 as a base. If the Inbox is implemented I would add it to the home page. The Inbox will either be connected to an internal mail system or be linked to an offsite mail system.

For the My Profile I would use the layout of Mockup 4 but remove the sidebar with the Inbox and Actions. I would switch the My Teams table with the one in Mockup 5. I would also add the About Me box from Mockup 5. To be honest none of the leveling systems appeal to me. My idea for a leveling system is based on how much points a player earns through matches and events. I would like the rankings to be related to computer culture such as Hacker and Cyber Punk to match the theme of the Devcathlon. Information on how the system works can be found in the FAQ.

For the Achievement page I want to use the color scheme and layout from Mockup 6. I would prefer if the icons were bigger while the small version of those icons can be used on the gamer card.

For a details on a single match I want to use the page from Mockup 4 but I would add Recent Points and Recent Activities from Mockup 5 and 6.

No comments: