Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Making Sense of Hackystat

Recently I started working with the Hackystat API. The goal was to learn how to retrieve sensor data from Hackystat and make use of that data. I spent some time watching a screencast for Hackystat which can be found here. One obstacle that I had was in figuring out how to retrieve data from a user. From watching the screencast I learned how to retrieve data from a specific project but not. By looking at the JavaDoc it didn't take me long to find the getSensorDataIndexLastMod method that fitted my need.

I also had to create another program to make use of sensor data by finding out the day of the month that had the most sensor data. To go through the days of the month at first I used a for loop but later I realized a while loop would be preferable because there were different number of days for each month.

I found the screencast to be very informative and helpful as I went along with my programming. I wouldn't mind having a mix of screencasting and supplemental notes.

The results of my work can be found here.

No comments: